Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Diskemu Failure
The CD Forum > CD Shell and Boot Scriptor > Troubleshooting & Problems
tibmeister
On some hardware, I'm having problems where DISKEMU will not work, but on other hardware it works. I'm going to try using the other loader, but these are DOS floppy images that work fine at home using diskemu. Any ideas?
tibmeister
UPDATE: I have found that on desktop machines, it works fine, but it will not work correctly on Dell Latitude laptops. Could this be something to do with how laptops handle memory addressing?
Mike
I don't know. I don't think there should be any difference. It's working for me on a Dell Inspiron 700m.

What kind of error are you getting?
tibmeister
No error, just blank screen and PC locked up (NumLock will not switch). I reverified it at home on my VMWare Workstation, and then here on a couple desktops, and it certinatly are systems with Laptop architecture. Very strange, but I'm wondering if maybe it's a conflict with Cintrino?
Mike
Please try the new version (2.1.5) when you get the chance. I did a lot of work on the diskemu module.
pene
*deleted, wrong place*
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.