Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Errorcode 808002f9 with UBCD 3.3
The CD Forum > CD Shell and Boot Scriptor > Troubleshooting & Problems
HJVL
On certain systems when I try booting the UBCD 3.3 it halts at the screen mentioned in other topics, only with the code 808002f9.

At first I thought it was drive-dependant, as it worked fine in the system i burnt the cd with. However, trying another drive didn't help, and the same drive connected to another PC worked fine.

So, my second guess is that this might be chipset-related, because that did remain consistent the error showing up.

Some more info:
I used the build batchfile as it came with the ubcd3.3-full iso.
Tried burning it as slow as possible.
Updated CD-shell from 2.1.5 to 2.1.6.
Tried different cd's.
Tried UltraISO.
(I went through close to all mentioned solutions, to no avail.)

Thanks in advance to anybody that can shed some light on this issue.
pene
Did you try with v2.1.4?
HJVL
QUOTE (pene @ Jul 18 2005, 11:33 PM)
Did you try with v2.1.4?

I'll try that, but I hope it supports the scripted menus.

I'll update as soon as I know more.

Update:
Pasting 2.1.4 straight into the extracted ISO and rebuilding worked.
The original build as downloaded booted as well.
However, a straight rebuild of the extracted ISO will show me the dreaded 808002f9. In this case I use the original build.bat (only edited the paths in it, or it won't find the files).

More to come...
pene
QUOTE (HJVL @ Jul 19 2005, 07:10 AM)
However, a straight rebuild of the extracted ISO will show me the dreaded 808002f9. In this case I use the original build.bat (only edited the paths in it, or it won't find the files).

Of course you have to rebuild it, or at least change the boot sector.... Loader.bin, which is the bootsector, also changed between the versions, so just replacing the file without replacing the bootsector would of course not help...

Have you confirmed then that its (another) problem with v2.1.5/v2.1.6?
I've had other problems with these versions, as described in my previous post, hence my suggestion to you...
HJVL
QUOTE (HJVL @ Jul 19 2005, 09:10 AM)
I'll try that, but I hope it supports the scripted menus.

I'll update as soon as I know more.

Update:
Pasting 2.1.4 straight into the extracted ISO and rebuilding worked.
The original build as downloaded booted as well.

More to come...

More:
I did a rebuild of the UBCD3.3 with only cdsh.bin, cdshw.com, loader.bin and sloader.bin from cdshell 2.1.4 (the way I usually upgrade the shell on the UBCD) and the menu's work.

QUOTE (pene @ Jul 19 2005, 12:01 PM)
Of course you have to rebuild it, or at least change the boot sector.... Loader.bin, which is the bootsector, also changed between the versions, so just replacing the file without replacing the bootsector would of course not help...

Have you confirmed then that its (another) problem with v2.1.5/v2.1.6?
I've had other problems with these versions, as described in my previous post, hence my suggestion to you...

The original image worked, but when I extracted the ISO with winrar and rebuilt the ISO with mkisofs it gave the error. And off course when I upgrade the cdshell, I add the new bootsector.

However, the score at this moment is:
2.1.04 -> works
2.1.05 (original image) -> works
2.1.05 (rebuilt image) -> won't work
2.1.06 -> won't work
pene
How do you rebuild the CD?

It doesn't make much sense that original works and rebuit doesn't, unless they used a different loader.bin in the CD they posted.

Did you try to extract the bootable sector from the CD and use it when you rebuild?

Regards,
Pene
HJVL
QUOTE (pene @ Jul 19 2005, 11:45 PM)
How do you rebuild the CD?

It doesn't make much sense that original works and rebuit doesn't, unless they used a different loader.bin in the CD they posted.

Did you try to extract the bootable sector from the CD and use it when you rebuild?

Regards,
Pene

The bootsector is on the cd in the \boot folder, which is where the menus are located as well.

The basic cd-content of the working 2.1.04 build looks as following:
CODE
CD:
   \boot
       \fonts
       \graphics
       \keymaps
       \menus
       \modules
       \scripts
       cdsh.bin
       cdshell.ini
       cdshw.com
       changes.txt
       loader.bin
       sloader.bin
   \docs
   \dosapps
   \freesco
   \images
   \INSERT
   \isolinux
   \licenses
   \tools
   \ubcd
       \download
           build.bat
           cygwin1.dll
           mkisofs.exe
       \graphics
       \insert
       \tutorials

My build.bat contains these lines:
CODE
cd..
cd..
ubcd\download\mkisofs -N -J -r -o \ubcd.iso -b boot/loader.bin -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.