Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Choose root
The CD Forum > Bart's PE Builder > Plugins
google
Can someone tell me please how to set erd commander target_root in bs explorer bs_start.ini?Thank you
erd commander xml menu:
CODE
<!-- erd2003_nu2menu.xml -->
<!-- Nu2Menu entry for ERD Commander 2003 -->
<!-- Modified by Redcl0ud -->
<!-- Modified by Bernd Drowäder (Joshua) -->
<NU2MENU>
<MENU ID="Programs">
<MITEM TYPE="POPUP" DISABLED="@Not(@FileExists(@GetProgramDrive()\Programs\erdcmd2003\*.*))" MENUID="Erd2003">Winternals ERD Commander 2003</MITEM>
</MENU>
<MENU ID="Erd2003">
<MITEM TYPE="ITEM" CMD="RUN" FUNC="@SetEnvVar('target_root', @GetFolderDialog('Select target windows directory. (for example c:\windows)', @GetEnvVar('target_root'))) @Reload()">Set ERD Target Root (current=@GetEnvVar('target_root'))</MITEM>
<MITEM TYPE="ITEM" DISABLED="@Or(@Not(@FileExists(@GetEnvVar('target_root')\system32\config\sam)), @Not(@FileExists(@GetProgramDrive()\Programs\erdcmd2003\regedit.exe)))" CMD="RUN" FUNC="@GetProgramDrive()\Programs\erdcmd2003\regedit.exe">RegEdit</MITEM>
<MITEM TYPE="ITEM" DISABLED="@Or(@Not(@FileExists(@GetEnvVar('target_root')\system32\config\sam)), @Not(@FileExists(@GetProgramDrive()\Programs\erdcmd2003\locksmith.exe)))" CMD="RUN" FUNC="@GetProgramDrive()\Programs\erdcmd2003\locksmith.exe">Change Password (locksmith)</MITEM>
<MITEM TYPE="ITEM" DISABLED="@Or(@Not(@FileExists(@GetEnvVar('target_root')\system32\config\sam)), @Not(@FileExists(@GetProgramDrive()\Programs\erdcmd2003\compmgmt.exe)))" CMD="RUN" FUNC="@GetProgramDrive()\Programs\erdcmd2003\compmgmt.exe">Computer Management</MITEM>
<MITEM TYPE="ITEM" DISABLED="@Or(@Not(@FileExists(@GetEnvVar('target_root')\system32\config\sam)), @Not(@FileExists(@GetProgramDrive()\Programs\erdcmd2003\systemrestore.exe)))" CMD="RUN" FUNC="@GetProgramDrive()\Programs\erdcmd2003\systemrestore.exe">System Restore</MITEM>
<MITEM TYPE="ITEM" DISABLED="@Or(@Not(@FileExists(@GetEnvVar('target_root')\system32\config\sam)), @Not(@FileExists(@GetProgramDrive()\Programs\erdcmd2003\Systemcompare.exe)))" CMD="RUN" FUNC="@GetProgramDrive()\Programs\erdcmd2003\systemcompare.exe">System Compare</MITEM>
<MITEM TYPE="SEPARATOR"></MITEM>
<MITEM TYPE="ITEM" DISABLED="@Not(@FileExists(@GetProgramDrive()\Programs\erdcmd2003\explorer.exe))" CMD="RUN" FUNC="@GetProgramDrive()\Programs\erdcmd2003\explorer.exe">Explorer</MITEM>
<MITEM TYPE="ITEM" DISABLED="@Not(@FileExists(@GetProgramDrive()\Programs\erdcmd2003\tcpcfg.exe))" CMD="RUN" FUNC="@GetProgramDrive()\Programs\erdcmd2003\tcpcfg.exe">TCP Config</MITEM>
<MITEM TYPE="ITEM" DISABLED="@Not(@FileExists(@GetProgramDrive()\Programs\erdcmd2003\windowsshell.exe))" CMD="RUN" FUNC="@GetProgramDrive()\Programs\erdcmd2003\windowsshell.exe">Windows Shell</MITEM>
<MITEM TYPE="ITEM" DISABLED="@Not(@FileExists(@GetProgramDrive()\Programs\erdcmd2003\commandshell.exe))" CMD="RUN" FUNC="@GetProgramDrive()\Programs\erdcmd2003\commandshell.exe">Command Shell</MITEM>
<MITEM TYPE="ITEM" DISABLED="@Not(@FileExists(@GetProgramDrive()\Programs\erdcmd2003\filerestore.exe))" CMD="RUN" FUNC="@GetProgramDrive()\Programs\erdcmd2003\filerestore.exe">File Restore</MITEM>
<MITEM TYPE="ITEM" DISABLED="@Not(@FileExists(@GetProgramDrive()\Programs\erdcmd2003\filesearch.exe))" CMD="RUN" FUNC="@GetProgramDrive()\Programs\erdcmd2003\filesearch.exe">File Search</MITEM>
<MITEM TYPE="ITEM" DISABLED="@Not(@FileExists(@GetProgramDrive()\Programs\erdcmd2003\fileshare.exe))" CMD="RUN" FUNC="@GetProgramDrive()\Programs\erdcmd2003\fileshare.exe">File Share</MITEM>
</MENU>
</NU2MENU>
paraglider
Use the erdroot program from Sherpya. Its part of the erd2002 commander plugin:

http://oss.netfarm.it/winpe/
google
I tried you suggestion but with no luck.Sherpya ErdRoot wants to start but suddenly stop.I verified that erdroot is in the location that i set in inf.Here is my inf used
CODE
<-ItemBegin->
    ShowInAutorun=YES
    EnableInAutorun=YES
    ParentItem=Erd Commander
    Caption=Set ERD Target Root
    ExeName=%windir%\System32\ERDROOT.exe
    IconNumber=24
    CmdParam=
ExeDir=%windir%\System32\
<-ItemEnd->
google
Nobody knows how to fix that?
d4vr0s
TheTruth made a program called ERDLogon
http://www.geocities.com/pierremounir/
With it you can pass the %target_root% environment value to the target program.
CODE
<-ItemBegin->
ShowInAutorun=YES
EnableInAutorun=YES
ParentItem=Erd Commander
Caption=RegEdit
ExeName=%windir%\System32\ERDLogon.exe
IconNumber=24
CmdParam=%SystemDrive%\Programs\erdcmd2003\regedit.exe
ExeDir=%windir%\System32\
<-ItemEnd->

I can't say where you need to point the ExeDir to for sure. unsure.gif
stormal
ERDroot.exe works just fine but I believe you are using it incorrectly.

The target Windows root is %windir% or C:\WINDOWS,

not %windir%\system32.

If you do use %windir% in PE the resultant target would be X:\i386 on the CD and you will not attach to your intended target system installed on the hard-drive.

huh.gif
CWorks
%windir%\System32\ERDLogon.exe is where ERDLogon.exe is biggrin.gif
i386\System32\ERDLogon.exe
stormal
QUOTE (CWorks @ Oct 28 2005, 03:00 AM)
%windir%\System32\ERDLogon.exe is where ERDLogon.exe is biggrin.gif
i386\System32\ERDLogon.exe

Seems an odd place for it.

I'm using ERDRoot.exe, and not ERDLogon.exe.

Why not simply place it into %systemdrive%\Programs\erd2002 as most folks do?

How does ERDLogon.exe differ from ERDRoot.exe?

huh.gif
FYI
CmdParam=?

points to the wrong resource
google
I am a little confuse: erdroot or erdlogon are in system32 folder.So how do i set the path exactly?
%windir%\erdlogon
or
%windir%\system32\erdlogon
or
%windir%\i386\system32\erdlogon

and the exe dir should be
%windir%\
or
%windir%\system32
or
%windir%\i386\system32

?
stormal
It seems to me that you should be using ERDLogon.exe which is located on the path of %windir%\system32 (x:\i386).

But it must also hook into your existing target "system" at C:\Windows.

hence, %windir%\system32\erdlogon.exe {params=} c:\windows

huh.gif
stormal
try this:
<-ItemBegin->
ShowInAutorun=YES
EnableInAutorun=YES
ParentItem=Erd Commander
Caption=Set ERD Target Root (manually browse folder tree)
ExeName=ERDROOT.exe
IconNumber=24
CmdParam=
ExeDir=%windir%\System32
<-ItemEnd->
CmdParam= [must be manually executed via a startmenu shortcut once manually attached to the target "system" installation AFAIK]

or
<-ItemBegin->
ShowInAutorun=YES
EnableInAutorun=YES
ParentItem=Erd Commander
Caption=Execute ERD Commander tool on Target Root
ExeName=ERDLOGON.exe
IconNumber=24
CmdParam=%SystemDrive%\Programs\erdcmd2003\locksmith.exe
ExeDir=%windir%\System32
<-ItemEnd->

I'm not sure because I'm not familiar with this type of .inf structure.
stormal
ERDLogon automatically mounts the "C:\WINDOWS" system to execute an ERD resource targeting that system installation.

ERDRoot must be manually pointed to the same location by browsing a folder tree to it or any other location, say, on another hard-drive.

ERDLogon has one specific fixed target path.

ERDRoot's target path is configurable, so it can be used on dual-boot systems with parallel system installations.

wink.gif
d4vr0s
ERDLogon provides a browse dialog for the %target_root% before executing the desired program.

ERDRoot sets the system environment value for %target_root%
stormal
QUOTE (d4vr0s @ Oct 28 2005, 09:32 AM)
ERDLogon provides a browse dialog for the %target_root% before executing the desired program.

ERDRoot sets the system environment value for %target_root%

Er, I believe you may have your explanation reversed,

ERDROOT:

ERDLOGON:

huh.gif

Actually, it is CMD.EXE (SET) that is used for setting the environment variable that you mention.

From the nu2menu above:
CMD="RUN" FUNC="@SetEnvVar('target_root'
SET /?

Displays, sets, or removes cmd.exe environment variables.

SET [variable=[string]]

variable  Specifies the environment-variable name.
  string    Specifies a series of characters to assign to the variable.

Type SET without parameters to display the current environment variables.

wink.gif

I'm in hurricane ravaged south Florida, so I keep losing my ADSL connection mid-post.

@google - You can autorun the SET variable command and then use your nu2menu shortcuts normally.

ERDROOT & ERDLOGON are not autorun friendly for mounting the target system.

cool.gif
d4vr0s
I do not have them reversed wink.gif
If you run erdlogon with a program as a parameter you'll see a dialog much like erdroot's.
stormal
I now see that you are correct about ERDLogon.

I'll need to get more familiar with ERDLogon.exe

Both utilities are very similar.

wink.gif
Priya
QUOTE (google @ Oct 27 2005, 05:53 AM) *
Can someone tell me please how to set erd commander target_root in bs explorer bs_start.ini?Thank you
erd commander xml menu:
CODE
<!-- erd2003_nu2menu.xml -->
<!-- Nu2Menu entry for ERD Commander 2003 -->
<!-- Modified by Redcl0ud -->
<!-- Modified by Bernd Drowäder (Joshua) -->
<NU2MENU>
<MENU ID="Programs">
<MITEM TYPE="POPUP" DISABLED="@Not(@FileExists(@GetProgramDrive()\Programs\erdcmd2003\*.*))" MENUID="Erd2003">Winternals ERD Commander 2003</MITEM>
</MENU>
<MENU ID="Erd2003">
<MITEM TYPE="ITEM" CMD="RUN" FUNC="@SetEnvVar('target_root', @GetFolderDialog('Select target windows directory. (for example c:\windows)', @GetEnvVar('target_root'))) @Reload()">Set ERD Target Root (current=@GetEnvVar('target_root'))</MITEM>
<MITEM TYPE="ITEM" DISABLED="@Or(@Not(@FileExists(@GetEnvVar('target_root')\system32\config\sam)), @Not(@FileExists(@GetProgramDrive()\Programs\erdcmd2003\regedit.exe)))" CMD="RUN" FUNC="@GetProgramDrive()\Programs\erdcmd2003\regedit.exe">RegEdit</MITEM>
<MITEM TYPE="ITEM" DISABLED="@Or(@Not(@FileExists(@GetEnvVar('target_root')\system32\config\sam)), @Not(@FileExists(@GetProgramDrive()\Programs\erdcmd2003\locksmith.exe)))" CMD="RUN" FUNC="@GetProgramDrive()\Programs\erdcmd2003\locksmith.exe">Change Password (locksmith)</MITEM>
<MITEM TYPE="ITEM" DISABLED="@Or(@Not(@FileExists(@GetEnvVar('target_root')\system32\config\sam)), @Not(@FileExists(@GetProgramDrive()\Programs\erdcmd2003\compmgmt.exe)))" CMD="RUN" FUNC="@GetProgramDrive()\Programs\erdcmd2003\compmgmt.exe">Computer Management</MITEM>
<MITEM TYPE="ITEM" DISABLED="@Or(@Not(@FileExists(@GetEnvVar('target_root')\system32\config\sam)), @Not(@FileExists(@GetProgramDrive()\Programs\erdcmd2003\systemrestore.exe)))" CMD="RUN" FUNC="@GetProgramDrive()\Programs\erdcmd2003\systemrestore.exe">System Restore</MITEM>
<MITEM TYPE="ITEM" DISABLED="@Or(@Not(@FileExists(@GetEnvVar('target_root')\system32\config\sam)), @Not(@FileExists(@GetProgramDrive()\Programs\erdcmd2003\Systemcompare.exe)))" CMD="RUN" FUNC="@GetProgramDrive()\Programs\erdcmd2003\systemcompare.exe">System Compare</MITEM>
<MITEM TYPE="SEPARATOR"></MITEM>
<MITEM TYPE="ITEM" DISABLED="@Not(@FileExists(@GetProgramDrive()\Programs\erdcmd2003\explorer.exe))" CMD="RUN" FUNC="@GetProgramDrive()\Programs\erdcmd2003\explorer.exe">Explorer</MITEM>
<MITEM TYPE="ITEM" DISABLED="@Not(@FileExists(@GetProgramDrive()\Programs\erdcmd2003\tcpcfg.exe))" CMD="RUN" FUNC="@GetProgramDrive()\Programs\erdcmd2003\tcpcfg.exe">TCP Config</MITEM>
<MITEM TYPE="ITEM" DISABLED="@Not(@FileExists(@GetProgramDrive()\Programs\erdcmd2003\windowsshell.exe))" CMD="RUN" FUNC="@GetProgramDrive()\Programs\erdcmd2003\windowsshell.exe">Windows Shell</MITEM>
<MITEM TYPE="ITEM" DISABLED="@Not(@FileExists(@GetProgramDrive()\Programs\erdcmd2003\commandshell.exe))" CMD="RUN" FUNC="@GetProgramDrive()\Programs\erdcmd2003\commandshell.exe">Command Shell</MITEM>
<MITEM TYPE="ITEM" DISABLED="@Not(@FileExists(@GetProgramDrive()\Programs\erdcmd2003\filerestore.exe))" CMD="RUN" FUNC="@GetProgramDrive()\Programs\erdcmd2003\filerestore.exe">File Restore</MITEM>
<MITEM TYPE="ITEM" DISABLED="@Not(@FileExists(@GetProgramDrive()\Programs\erdcmd2003\filesearch.exe))" CMD="RUN" FUNC="@GetProgramDrive()\Programs\erdcmd2003\filesearch.exe">File Search</MITEM>
<MITEM TYPE="ITEM" DISABLED="@Not(@FileExists(@GetProgramDrive()\Programs\erdcmd2003\fileshare.exe))" CMD="RUN" FUNC="@GetProgramDrive()\Programs\erdcmd2003\fileshare.exe">File Share</MITEM>
</MENU>
</NU2MENU>
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.