Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Having Issues when making ISO
The CD Forum > CD Shell and Boot Scriptor > Troubleshooting & Problems
theblur
Hello all,

I am having issues when I build the ISO for my multi-boot DVD.

1. If I do this: mkisofs -N -J -joliet-long -r -o mycd2.iso -b boot/loader.bin -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 . I get an error saying that it can't find one of my linux kernels (using isolinux)- everything else works fine.

2. If I do this: mkisofs -iso-level 3 -r -o mycd2.iso -b boot/loader.bin -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 . This solves the above problem and allows me to boot that kernel image but I can no longer boot my PE part (using chain) it says the NTLDR cannot be found or something to that nature.

I want a solution that will allow me to boot all my componenets - all linux stuff as in 2. and the PE stuff like in 1. any ideas? I did try -iso-level 4 but got an error stating I needed a value btween 1-3. FYI: using the CD Shell that comes with UBCD as my Multi-boot DVD is based off that.

Thanks in advance.
ByteCoder
Here's the commandline I use to compile my CDShell ...

CODE
mkisofs.exe -iso-level 4 -follow-links -cache-inodes -J -joliet-long -V "Volume Name Here" -appid "CD SHELL/MKISOFS" -publisher "Your Publisher Name" -sysid "Win32" -verbose -N -nobak -eltorito-boot boot/loader.bin -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -hide boot/loader.bin -o <output location here> "%~dp0cd_shell"

I use the latest build of mkisofs included with Pe-Builder and use the DFL tool to compress the content of disk. My disk currently has 1.5 GB of data but since it runs various flavors of PE/PE'esque tools the resulting ISO is only 680 MB.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.