first of all i must say a big thankyou to dietmar and everybody else who contributed the Windows XP on USB topic.
But the reason why i'm writing this, is because i can't understand dietmar's tutorials, and thus i cant use it!
Note that i really appreciate your efforts; but its just that the toots are really really messy (so many things are given for granted without the needed explaination) and i can't get through any of them! I really would like to make it!!! Argh!
Now i wanted to ask some questions, feel free to answer or not.
- why is it not possible to upload this damn NTDETECT.COM modified file somewhere for us to download? legal issues? which ones, in that case?
- isnt there someone who could manage to "slipstream" all these (6!!!) tutorials and make it become one single step-by-step easy tutorial? if yes, where can i find it? (eheh i guess there is nothing like this, but you never know...)
- i've found this USBoot program - which also requires this NTDETECT.COM modified file to work, which i dont have - and i wanted to know if any of you tried it and if works...
- in general, do you think that it is really hard to "automate" these tutorials in a script? is this exactly what USBoot does?
- did any of you try this other tutorial at Ngine.de by a guy called emanuel? i tried it and it kinda worked, but in a really buggish way - and i couldnt find much support...
(ps i hope this is the right forum to post this... feel free to move my topic)
vielen dank!!! ciaaao!