This is a plugin for the free a-squared Anti-Malware (a2) command line scanner.
Please note this is a first release, and may contain bugs. I welcome your feedback
1) Add the plugin through PE-Builder.
2) Config the plugin through PE-Builder -- This will allow you to download Command Line Scanner (6 files) and any Signature updates (>270 files) to proper locations (total ~18mb).
3) Before closing the Config window, use the tool to edit the Default Scan settings to your preferences. You may also create additional scan profiles with this tool.
4) Make sure the plugin is enabled in PE-Builder.
5) Build and burn your CD!
- The RunScanner plugin by Paraglider is required for a-squared to function correctly.
- You will need network support enabled to download signature updates in BartPE.
- The "Auto ..." start menu selections/command line parameters will use the Default Scan profile.
- You cannot use wildcards in location/exclusion/extension statements.
- When using a-squared_GUI.exe in BartPE to add location/exclusion/extension statements, the program will check if the drive/file/folder statement returns anything. If nothing is returned, you will be asked if you want to really add it to the list.
- Use the quarantine function at your own risk. a-squared's quarantine recovery is not the most efficient, and you are own your own to recover quarantined items.
- For whitelist help, this thread is probably your best resource for understanding how it works.
- If the Scan specific locations/files option is enabled, and no locations are listed, no locations/files will be scanned.