Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Adding a BootSDI.img to multiboot USB stick
The CD Forum > The CD Forum > USB Booting
PERFECT PC CAT
Dear wimb_2
Thank you very much for your great contribution to the field of Automating the Process of XP setup.
Your scripts and CMDs and batches are invaluable.
No one else ever made such scripts.
Also my greetings to all the members who helped you with their feedback and experience.

I have only one request please:

I have downloaded LIVEXP cd made by SOPORIFIC in a forum called SHARINGISTHEPOINT.
I want to know how to put it on a BOOTABLE USB STICK.
Given that the cd is made by Winbuilder and has the SDI image "BootSDI.img"
in I386 folder.
There is no "WINSXS" which is always required by your script.
How can I manage this issue?
Thanks again and a special greetings to jaclaz and you.
jaclaz
QUOTE (PERFECT PC CAT @ Apr 3 2009, 08:50 AM) *
I have downloaded LIVEXP cd made by SOPORIFIC in a forum called SHARINGISTHEPOINT.

Which means that this would be the perfect time to delete that WAREZ ninja.gif release and learn how to build your own.

Quick reminder:
  1. Noone, if not authorized by Microsoft, can distribute their files, and definitely not as a pre-assembled PE build
  2. No support for such "things" downloaded form "somewhere" will be given on this Forum

jaclaz
PERFECT PC CAT
QUOTE (jaclaz @ Apr 3 2009, 10:11 AM) *
Which means that this would be the perfect time to delete that WAREZ ninja.gif release and learn how to build your own.

Quick reminder:
  1. Noone, if not authorized by Microsoft, can distribute their files, and definitely not as a pre-assembled PE build
  2. No support for such "things" downloaded form "somewhere" will be given on this Forum

jaclaz

I am not speaking about WAREZ.
I did not ask for nor distribute any WAREZ at all.
I just downloaded the BUILDER folder and built it on my own.
In addition I am asking for your knowledge and Science aspects not about any Carcks or WAREZ.

I think you misunderstood my request which is LEGAL and FAIR.
I want to know a simplefied method to put an iso [Any iso] of LIVE XP [legal] made by Winbuilder {Legal} on a bootable Flash-Stick.
I read many posts of jaclaz and wimb_2 and I have a certain knowledge but I want the exact right method.
And by the way Winbuilder can make the Iso on a Bootable USB flash stick but I wanted it to be MULTIBOOTABLE.

Thanks for your patience and I hope I could clarify my Innocent intention.
Ed_P
QUOTE (PERFECT PC CAT @ Apr 3 2009, 03:26 PM) *
I am not speaking about WAREZ.
I did not ask for nor distribute any WAREZ at all.

Yes, you are and yes, you did.

QUOTE (PERFECT PC CAT @ Apr 3 2009, 02:50 AM) *

Downloading proprietary software is no different than uploading it when it comes to legality. And we do not support illegal activities on this forum.
PERFECT PC CAT
QUOTE (Ed_P @ Apr 4 2009, 03:40 AM) *
Yes, you are and yes, you did.

Downloading proprietary software is no different than uploading it when it comes to legality. And we do not support illegal activities on this forum.

First of all some members of this forum and BOOTLAND forum are talking to and exchange knowledge with SOPORIFIC nicely and happily.You know that there are some common members in the two forums.
I read posts there i n Bootland forum including SOPORIFIC name and he is welcomed there.
Even some genius member asked SOPORIFIC for help.
Second ,If u go to SHARINGISTHEPOINT forum and read the post in which SOPORIFIC announced his Project of Live XP,you will [100%] see for yourself that the post contains the BUILDER which is Winbuilder and which I downloaded and built a legal WAREZ-free cd on my own.
I said I downloaded the cd ,but I meant I downloaded the builder of the project.
He [SOPORIFIC] made separate pakages some of which have the warez but the standalone Main package is merely a legal Winbuilder with customised free application.
I own a legal copy of original WINDOWS XP came with My laptop HP .

Third I can see that you are treating me in double standard.I remember DIGIWIZ who produced the most famous warez CD [MINIPE].
He is treated respectfully here and in UBCD4WIN forum.
However if some one got the warez that he produced you treat that poor person badly and leave the culprit without blame.

I think u judge me unfairly.
Thanks
PERFECT PC CAT
please read this post

http://www.boot-land.net/forums/index.php?...=4087&st=30

In which
[amalux] and [TheHive] and othres are talking to and showing a
welcome attitude and a warming convesation toward SOPORIFIC.
Why did not they say to him "You are a WAREZ distributer"?
Why is he welcomed although you know that he is producing and distibuting WAREZ?

They even ask his[SOPORIFIC's] experience in making portable applications and ppAppsGenPE.exe.

The same idea goes with DIGIWIZ who became a famous and loved member at UBCD4WINDOWS forum.

I also remember an old member from CANADA Toronto whose name is [Michael KH Au-Yeung] [khauyeung]
http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?act...sult_type=posts

.He was producing WAREZ and he was greatly welcomed here in this 911 forum.
You can search his name in the forum and see.
However you dealt with me badly just because I asked for Pure knowledge and technical issues related to the art of computing science.
Your answer about my question would not support WAREZ in any aspect.
jaclaz
It seems to me that you are confusing two aspects.

Anyone is free to use his knowledge to build and distribute legally or illegally whatever he wishes.

That's freedom.

Noone can use this board to promote, distribute, advertise, host, link to or in any way suggest the use of files, distros, Cd's, .iso's, or the like which are against the respective Author or Copyright holder expressed limitations about redistributability or License or EULA.

That's respect for the Author or Copyright holder will AND preventing possible legal actions against the board.

WE (meant as 911CD board AND boot-land board, for which I can talk, but I guess as well the ubcd4win Forum) do NOT support pre-built CD's or .ISO's.

We will however offer all the support we can give in helping you make your own build.

But we are not the Police.
If any member, outside of the board is a drug dealer ninja.gif , a Warez releaser w00t.gif , a cyberhacker or whatever w00t-x100.gif, we couldn't care less, as long as when he is on the Board, behaves.

You started with the wrong innuendo:

in I386 folder.

If I am allowed, the Forum you referenced could be named SHARING_FILES_ISTHEPOINT, this one could be renamed SHARING_KNOWLEDGE_ISTHE POINT.

Now, you have basically two choices:
  1. go back to that forum and ask for help there
  2. start here or on boot-land with a "clean" build and learn how to customize it to your needs

Are you going to take the blue or the red pill? unsure.gif
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redpill

By the way, IMNSHO in the time you spent researching the activities of members of this and boot-land boards, you could have read the several threads relating to the problem you are having and learned how to solve it.

jaclaz

P.S.: I spread the above posts from where they were originally posted:
http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?sho...c=20089&hl=
as it was quickly drifting away from the topic
Ed_P
QUOTE (PERFECT PC CAT @ Apr 4 2009, 01:28 AM) *
I think u judge me unfairly.

You are judged based on what you post and based on that you're asking for help with illegal sw that you've downloaded. Your longevity has kept you from being formally warned.
in I386 folder.

QUOTE (PERFECT PC CAT @ Apr 4 2009, 01:51 AM) *

Not my board, not my problem.

The same idea goes with DIGIWIZ who became a famous and loved member at UBCD4WINDOWS forum.

Not my board, not my problem.

I also remember an old member from CANADA Toronto whose name is [Michael KH Au-Yeung] [khauyeung]

Before my time.

QUOTE (jaclaz @ Apr 4 2009, 07:14 AM) *
If any member, outside of the board is a drug dealer ninja.gif , a Warez releaser w00t.gif , a cyberhacker or whatever w00t-x100.gif, we couldn't care less,

I'm not sure I wholly agree with that.

QUOTE (jaclaz @ Apr 4 2009, 07:14 AM) *
P.S.: I spread the above posts from where they were originally posted:
http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?sho...c=20089&hl=
as it was quickly drifting away from the topic

Perfect. Thank you.
jaclaz
QUOTE (Ed_P @ Apr 4 2009, 07:13 PM) *
I'm not sure I wholly agree with that.

Well, I am sure I don't agree with your quoting partially pinch.gif what I posted, please try again reading the whole thing, bolding added to better convey the idea:
QUOTE (jaclaz @ Apr 4 2009, 01:14 PM) *
But we are not the Police.
If any member, outside of the board is a drug dealer ninja.gif , a Warez releaser w00t.gif , a cyberhacker or whatever w00t-x100.gif, we couldn't care less, as long as when he is on the Board, behaves.

Say that member "X" is, say a robber in his private life and in his own country, are you going to track him and arrest him? unsure.gif
Warn the FBI and the Interpol about him? w00t.gif
Can you swear that the robber is actually member "X"?
Or that member "X" had his identity stolen?
How would you get to know he is actually a robber?
Ban him from the board because you think he is a robber?

jaclaz
Ed_P
I don't care if you agree with me or not. I stand by what I quoted and what I responded. And I didn't generalize as you did. You have no way of knowing what the members of this board do for a living.
jaclaz
QUOTE (Ed_P @ Apr 5 2009, 05:58 AM) *
You have no way of knowing what the members of this board do for a living.

Exactly what I meant. smile.gif

jaclaz
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.