Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm a newbie. I will ask a lot of questions if you don't mind:
The CD Forum > The CD Forum > Bootable CDs
Roman
Downloaded all of the nessesary items, but unfortunatelly I'm getting some errors, like 8192. Iwent thru all the topics in the forum, but still can't find the answer. maybe I have done somethong wrong and how do you find the path to your PS3(and where to look for it> Sorry I have no idea how this works, I just want to get my computer to work again if there is someone who could describe and walk me thrthe whole process I will really appreciated. sorry for my English.....still learning
Ed_P
QUOTE (Roman @ Dec 22 2009, 08:19 PM) *
and how do you find the path to your PS3(and where to look for it>

SP3 is on your Windows install CD. But there are less errors if your Windows install CD is level SP2.
Roman
Still no luck. I'm back since the holidays are over. Happy New Year to all. Now my CD drive turns off the comp. I have downloaded all the possible things I know, but unfortunelly no result. Still stuck in BIOS. Changed the settings in there any possible way. what i am doing wrong? is there a diffrence between rambus and the "regular" RAM. how to boot Rambus thyen? Thanks again for all help. Wszystkiego najlepszego w Nowym Roku!!
CCWorks
What are you trying to do exactly? Boot with win PE 2.0 Boot an installation cd, just curious because your post is vague
Roman
I got it working. I have created my fist bottable CD. Thanks to all. Now I have a problem updating bios since I don't have a floppy and I had to replace HHD. My old one died. I tried to use clean bootable CD for bios update, but it gets stuck with a message: "Updating free bios. Kernel GO!". I got the bios update from my motherboard manufacturer website(the latest version available). Any ideas?
CCWorks
It wont boot from CD? if you are updating BIOS from cd it should boot from cd?..... are you having hard drive size limitations? need more info.
Ed_P
It's possible the PE CD doesn't have the services or routines necessary to support the BIOS update app. A PE system is not a full XP system.
cdob
QUOTE (Roman @ Jan 19 2010, 01:34 AM) *
I got the bios update from my motherboard manufacturer website(the latest version available).

Can you name the link?
Roman
The problem is that whenever I connect the new HDD(WD Caviar500GB) and try to boot up my computer shuts down. So I thought that updating the bios will help. I just purchased new PCI ATA controller card(still in the mail). Like I mentioned before this is a very old desktop(Intel VC820 motherboard, 512MB Rambus RAM). I know about the drive size limitations. There is something on Intel's website called motherboard acceleretor that supposed to help with the drivr limitation. Didn't get there yet, waiting for the controller. Or maybe I should return that HHD and get something smaller, like 120GB

The link to Intel bios update:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Des...g&PrdMap=36

I used the Iflash. I'm going to try the other one tonight
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.