Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need Advice on Best boot CD Creator
The CD Forum > The CD Forum > Bootable CDs
Dos Man
Hi All, it’s been a while since my last post, and here I am once again asking the PRO’s for advice.

I’m looking to create a new version of a CD that I made some time ago, which it was with the help of Reatogo so here are the questions that I have.

First, is Reatogo still been supported?
If Not, what would be the best tool as for your expertise, and easy to use for creating a boot windows CD?

Here is what I’m trying to accomplish….

Need to create a cd on which I can have a lot of NIC drivers, or able to pick up many new and old NIC cards.

Need to be able to add Batch files, or EXE’s to the startup

Need to have VNC support.

All of the above without user interface.

The goal here is that I will be purchasing computers for the different locations that I support, and I want the users to physically install the computer and insert this CD I created, once the user power on the PC, the boot CD will kick in, and start picking up the network card, will lease an IP, and blah… blah…, then it will run this program at the start up, which in term will be sending me a message with the IP address, so I can remote in with VNC (or UltrVNC), so then I will download my company image and setup the computer for the end user.

Thanks for any advice, and ask any questions if I was not clear on my goal.
Ed_P
QUOTE (Dos Man @ Feb 6 2011, 11:49 PM) *
First, is Reatogo still been supported?

No.

If Not, what would be the best tool as for your expertise, and easy to use for creating a boot windows CD?

UBCD4WIN is based on PE Builder and is preconfigured with many apps and tools and drivers for NICs and hdds. How easy it is to modify I don't have any experience with.

If you want a custom built CD based on XP than PE Builder may be better but you will have to work at it a bit.
Dos Man
QUOTE (Ed_P @ Feb 7 2011, 06:49 AM) *
No.

UBCD4WIN is based on PE Builder and is preconfigured with many apps and tools and drivers for NICs and hdds. How easy it is to modify I don't have any experience with.

If you want a custom built CD based on XP than PE Builder may be better but you will have to work at it a bit.

It is definitely a shame that Reatogo is no longer supported, that was definitely a good project, however I understand what it takes to do something like that, and the time it takes to maintain.

Thanks for your advice, will try you first suggestion, and see how it goes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.