Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Problem creating a BARTPE ISO
The CD Forum > The CD Forum > Bootable CDs
Jeff062011
When trying to create a BARTPE ISO file using the current version (pebuilder3110a) of PEBuilder, the build process is giving me errors telling me that I am missing installation files on my "win xp pro" install cd. The install CD is located on drive "D". It is looking for these missing files in a folder that does not even exist on my installation cd... "D:\i386\FILES\".

The files that I am missing are as follows:
D:\i386\FILES\ADVPACK.DLL
D:\i386\FILES\CDFVIEW.DLL
D:\i386\FILES\EFSADU.DLL
D:\i386\FILES\INETCOMM.DLL
D:\i386\FILES\MLANG.DLL
D:\i386\FILES\MSHTML.DLL
D:\i386\FILES\MSRATING.DLL
D:\i386\FILES\PRINTUI.DLL
D:\i386\FILES\WZCDLG.DLL

I do have versions of these files in the D:\i386 directory:
D:\i386\ADVPACK.DL_
D:\i386\CDFVIEW.DL_
D:\i386\EFSADU.DL_
D:\i386\INETCOMM.DL_
D:\i386\MLANG.DL_
D:\i386\MSHTML.DLL
D:\i386\MSRATING.DL_
D:\i386\PRINTUI.DL_
D:\i386\WZCDLG.DL_

Can you please tell me what it is that I need to do to correct for this?

thanks,
Jeff

Note: Here is a copy of these errors from my pebuilder log file so that you can verify my findings.

DecompressOrCopy file "D:\I386\FILES\ADVPACK.DLL" to "C:\pebuilder3110a\BartPE\I386\SYSTEM32\FILES\ADVPACK.DLL"
Error: SetupDecompressOrCopyFile() "D:\I386\FILES\ADVPACK.DLL" to "C:\pebuilder3110a\BartPE\I386\SYSTEM32\FILES\ADVPACK.DLL" 3: The system cannot find the path specified.
DecompressOrCopy file "D:\I386\FILES\CDFVIEW.DLL" to "C:\pebuilder3110a\BartPE\I386\SYSTEM32\FILES\CDFVIEW.DLL"
Error: SetupDecompressOrCopyFile() "D:\I386\FILES\CDFVIEW.DLL" to "C:\pebuilder3110a\BartPE\I386\SYSTEM32\FILES\CDFVIEW.DLL" 3: The system cannot find the path specified.
DecompressOrCopy file "D:\I386\FILES\EFSADU.DLL" to "C:\pebuilder3110a\BartPE\I386\SYSTEM32\FILES\EFSADU.DLL"
Error: SetupDecompressOrCopyFile() "D:\I386\FILES\EFSADU.DLL" to "C:\pebuilder3110a\BartPE\I386\SYSTEM32\FILES\EFSADU.DLL" 3: The system cannot find the path specified.
DecompressOrCopy file "D:\I386\FILES\INETCOMM.DLL" to "C:\pebuilder3110a\BartPE\I386\SYSTEM32\FILES\INETCOMM.DLL"
Error: SetupDecompressOrCopyFile() "D:\I386\FILES\INETCOMM.DLL" to "C:\pebuilder3110a\BartPE\I386\SYSTEM32\FILES\INETCOMM.DLL" 3: The system cannot find the path specified.
DecompressOrCopy file "D:\I386\FILES\MLANG.DLL" to "C:\pebuilder3110a\BartPE\I386\SYSTEM32\FILES\MLANG.DLL"
Error: SetupDecompressOrCopyFile() "D:\I386\FILES\MLANG.DLL" to "C:\pebuilder3110a\BartPE\I386\SYSTEM32\FILES\MLANG.DLL" 3: The system cannot find the path specified.
DecompressOrCopy file "D:\I386\FILES\MSHTML.DLL" to "C:\pebuilder3110a\BartPE\I386\SYSTEM32\FILES\MSHTML.DLL"
Error: SetupDecompressOrCopyFile() "D:\I386\FILES\MSHTML.DLL" to "C:\pebuilder3110a\BartPE\I386\SYSTEM32\FILES\MSHTML.DLL" 3: The system cannot find the path specified.
DecompressOrCopy file "D:\I386\FILES\MSRATING.DLL" to "C:\pebuilder3110a\BartPE\I386\SYSTEM32\FILES\MSRATING.DLL"
Error: SetupDecompressOrCopyFile() "D:\I386\FILES\MSRATING.DLL" to "C:\pebuilder3110a\BartPE\I386\SYSTEM32\FILES\MSRATING.DLL" 3: The system cannot find the path specified.
DecompressOrCopy file "D:\I386\FILES\PRINTUI.DLL" to "C:\pebuilder3110a\BartPE\I386\SYSTEM32\FILES\PRINTUI.DLL"
Error: SetupDecompressOrCopyFile() "D:\I386\FILES\PRINTUI.DLL" to "C:\pebuilder3110a\BartPE\I386\SYSTEM32\FILES\PRINTUI.DLL" 3: The system cannot find the path specified.
DecompressOrCopy file "D:\I386\FILES\WZCDLG.DLL" to "C:\pebuilder3110a\BartPE\I386\SYSTEM32\FILES\WZCDLG.DLL"
Error: SetupDecompressOrCopyFile() "D:\I386\FILES\WZCDLG.DLL" to "C:\pebuilder3110a\BartPE\I386\SYSTEM32\FILES\WZCDLG.DLL" 3: The system cannot find the path specified.
GladiatorWarrior
QUOTE (Jeff062011 @ Jun 25 2011, 08:56 PM) *
When trying to create a BARTPE ISO file using the current version (pebuilder3110a) of PEBuilder, the build process is giving me errors telling me that I am missing installation files on my "win xp pro" install cd.

The problem is that BartPE is looking for these files in the wrong location, and since it can't find them it is giving you errors.

Try this.
CODE
[SourceDisksFiles]
ADVPACK.Dll=2
CDFVIEW.Dll=2
EFSADU.Dll=2
INETCOMM.Dll=2
MLANG.Dll=2
MSHTML.Dll=2
MSRATING.Dll=2
PRINTUI.Dll=2
WZCDLG.Dll=2
Jeff062011
Thanks for getting back to me on this GladiatorWarrior. I finally just got back to this a hour or so ago.

OK. Where would I put these lines of code that you gave to me?

However, let me tell you what happened since I posted this...

I just learned that I also had a problem with a plugin that was not showing up as an error. I found it by disabling all of the plugins and adding them back one at a time. The problem was with RegistrarLite. I think the issue is that it is missing it's "inf" file and that is causing build issues even though it is in a "CAB" file. I left this plugin disabled and all of the errors that I talked about above went away.

That leads me to the last piece of the puzzle. Does anyone know where I can get the "inf" for the RegistrarLite plugin? I have looked for it with Google and I can not find one. (If anyone has gotten past this, please tell me what you did.)

I'm also having a problem using my registered copy of WinZip as a plugin that I do not know what to do about. I can live without that one though... I figure there are plenty of other plugins that do what it does.

thanks,
Jeff
GladiatorWarrior
QUOTE (Jeff062011 @ Jun 27 2011, 12:46 AM) *
I found it by disabling all of the plugins and adding them back one at a time. The problem was with RegistrarLite. I think the issue is that it is missing it's "inf" file and that is causing build issues even though it is in a "CAB" file. I left this plugin disabled and all of the errors that I talked about above went away.

Well since you mentioned that the problem reduces it self to a single plugin merely "RegistrarLite plugin", then post the contents of it's .Inf . It should be there since is making BartPE look for those .DLL(s) that are causing the errors. It would be easier for me to help you if I could see the "RegistrarLite" .Inf, so that I can tell you what part of the .Inf you may need to edit to try to fix the problem.

Best regards,

GW
Jeff062011
Hey GW. Sorry to have taken so long. I had an emergency "scour" of a VERY badly infected Vista PC. It took me over 16 hours to eventually track down the last of the malware goodies... a rootkit none the less. (Thank you Kapersky!) The only protection on this PC was Norton and it had expired long ago... It would neither update or scan! What a mess.

Your last comments made me realize what issues badly implemented plugins could cause and convinced me that I'd better learn to use INF files or I'd be chasing these ghosts forever. So, I did dump some hours into that education and I am now able to resolve many of my issues by reading and modifying the INF file. Anyway, I've gotten many plugins working and am still dealing with issues with others. If I had not been pointed in the right direction, I would still be mired in frustration. Thanks GW.

This thread led to a HUGE success for me. If you wish, we can close this thread and I'll post a new one if I absolutely can not get past some problem(s) later on.

Thanks,
Jeff
jaclaz
QUOTE (Jeff062011 @ Jun 29 2011, 04:04 PM) *
I had an emergency "scour" of a VERY badly infected Vista PC.

Just for the record, usually Vista ph34r.gif itself is considered a bad form of infection in itself.... whistling.gif wink.gif

And Norton on a Vista ph34r.gif system, that would make bloat^2! w00t.gif

cheers.gif
jaclaz
GladiatorWarrior
QUOTE (Jeff062011 @ Jun 29 2011, 10:04 AM) *
This thread led to a HUGE success for me. If you wish, we can close this thread and I'll post a new one if I absolutely can not get past some problem(s) later on.

Thanks,
Jeff

I'm glad you found this short thread useful, once you get to know how to customize BartPE, you'll see how great it is.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.