Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need a Live XP CD with ALL the steps PLZ!
The CD Forum > The CD Forum > Bootable CDs
AlwaysLearning
Hello to all of you and for all your work in helping others,
This is a great site but when I go to look something up I am warned to wait for a final release as the beta of something needs testing and debugging. As the case with http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?sho...&hl=hamachi which was written in Dec. 2005. How do you find the final build? Another question on that very sight where the code is given, what do I do with it? ...copy it paste it in Word Pad?...then what?

This is my situation ..I usually use Puppy Linux on a live CD for surfing the web while at friends house who are blessed with broadband...works great, no problems, bugs, threats, viruses. But at home being rural I have to suffer extreemly slow dial up as we can't get bb out here. You ought to try dial up and see how slow it has gotten because of bb taking up all the band width. Any the ISP uses linux for its server but won't support any one dialling in on Linux.

So I have tried to build Bart's PE and others but I find everyone is ASS-U-ME-ing therefore donkeys of themselves and all of us who are trying to learn. Could someone please direct me or give me step by step (ALL) on how to build, add my own plugins/drivers and burn and use a Live XP CD. Once someone has done so then it should be up held as a shrine where everyone is directed to go to build there OWN Live XP/Linux/Mac CD.

Thank you SOO much!

All for the true freedom of mankind!

AlwaysLearning
GladiatorWarrior
QUOTE (AlwaysLearning @ Jul 1 2011, 08:18 PM) *
Could someone please direct me or give me step by step (ALL) on how to build, add my own plugins/drivers and burn and use a Live XP CD. Once someone has done so then it should be up held as a shrine where everyone is directed to go to build there OWN Live XP/Linux/Mac CD.

For starters you don't copy the code of a plugin and paste it in wordpad, you actually paste it in notepad and save the file with the .inf extension so it can be read by PEBuilder. Writing a step-by-step manual for BartPE is not too convenient, since people will want to have a BartPE build with their own customizations. It would be easier for you to receive help if you explained what exactly you want to accomplish with BartPE.

P.S. The link you're referencing to is broken
Ed_P
QUOTE (GladiatorWarrior @ Jul 1 2011, 11:06 PM) *
P.S. The link you're referencing to is broken

I think he was referring to this thread: http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?sho...&hl=hamachi
jaclaz
QUOTE (inter @ Aug 16 2011, 11:45 AM) *
I think too...

That's good smile.gif.
Thank you for letting us know. whistling.gif

cheers.gif
Wonko
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.