Hi experts - I need your help.
Explorer does not seem to work under XPE. Here is the story:
I have a new PC with an Intel DH67CL SandyBridge motherboard. I have transferred to the new motherboard, some old HDDs that I'd like to resuscitate, therefore I have to use a PCI IDE controller - (in this case, a "Dynamode" Silicon Image SiI 680).
I am trying to boot from an "XPE Builder" CD which I have created (on Windows 7), wherein I incorporated the SiI drivers. I've used "XPE Builder 0.1.0.146", using this file: http://www.llanelly.com/downloads/file/11-xpebuilder.html, including the plugins that come with it. I added a new plugin with the pnp680.sys driver for the Dynamode PCI IDE Silicon Graphics controller card. The iso image was created with no errors in the log.
Then, booting from the CD:
1. The PC boots from the CD allright, showing these messages and multi-boot menu:
"Emergency Recovery Disk
Boot from drive C:
Launch "Windows XPE"
Offline NT password and registry editor
Windows Recovery Console"
2. Selecting: 'Launch "Windows XPE"', it shows the message: "Starting CD ... ... OK", then (after several minutes of CD activity):
3. The blue screen of "MS Windows XPE" shows up, with a little menu with three choices: Explorer, BBLean, and C: Console.
4. Now, if I select BBLean, it does go into that shell and menu collection. But I would like to use the "Windows Explorer" shell, in order to browse disks and files. The problem is, when I select "Explorer",
5. it shows a nice picture of an astronomic nebula (or galaxy), does nothing, no Windows Explorer screen; then goes back to point 3 above (blue screen of "MS Windows XPE").
And so on and so forth.
What should I do to enable the Windows Explorer software?
Thanks in advance