Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Erd Commander 2003 (v4.1) And Bootable Cd Wizard
The CD Forum > CD Shell and Boot Scriptor > Troubleshooting & Problems
freakshow
Hello all newbie here,
Having problems with ERD Commander 2003 (v4.1) can't get it to work on CD Shell or Bootable CD Wizard. I've tried searching for a workaround but no one seems to be using v4.1.....

ERD starts to boot fine but then I receive a message:
Failed to install network adapter -- check WINBOM

Can't be the NIC drivers because when I use the original ERD CD it works fine...

Please help....
unsure.gif
Tnx
ZULU NINER
I can confirm that ERD Commander 2003 (v4.1) does work with CD Shell. This is what I did:

1. Copy the contents of the ERD Commander's \I386 folder into a 4 character folder of my naming choice (I used \ERDC).
2. Copied "BOOTSEC.BIN" into the \ERDC folder.
3. Hexedit "BOOTSEC.BIN" and "SETUPLDR.BIN", search & replace "I386" with "ERDC" (one file had 1 entry, the other file had 3 (or maybe 4)).
4. Put the "License.txt", "Winbom.ini" & "WIN51*" files in the Root directory.
5. Edited cdshell.ini to chain \erdc\bootsec.bin and burned my CD.

Worked like a charm for me...
freakshow
Thanks, I'll give that a try...
freakshow
Thanks ZULU NINER worked like a charm....
laugh.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif
hhameln
I am using ERD Commander 2003 v. 4.1. Created the boot-cd with CD-ROM Wizard. But when booting this CD I get the error "Failed to install network adapter.
Check WINBOM." Because I didn't created WINBOM, I have no idea what is wrong with this file. I send this error message to winternals.

I tried to create a erd 2003 plugin for the pebuilder3032 boot-CD. But on the CD only the "Change Password" function works. Functions like "regedit", "computer management", "TCP config" and "explorer" don't work. There is simply no reaction, no error message - nothing. The suggestion in pebuilder3032 is for the
erd 2002. Do I need some more files for the erd 2003?

Thanks for help.
Magellan456
Hi, i don't know if it can help, but i've been working 2 days on a similar problem and i found the answer by not using WinIso to extract the erd2003 image.

I used Winrar to extract my iso image and then, you can hex whatever you want, it should work. It did for me.

I had the network file not foud error and winbom error too.

Good luck! I hope it helped!

Magellan456 tongue.gif
ponzandro
@hhameln

ERD Commander 2003 v4.1 does not work as a plugin in BartPE because v4.1 is build from Windows 2003 Server.
You could try to build your BartPE CD from Windows 2003 Server and include the Files from ERD 2003 v4.1. This might work.

Building BartPE with Windows XP SP1 and ERD 2003 v4.0 is working fine.

Regards
ponzandro
Mr.X
QUOTE (ZULU NINER @ Apr 1 2004, 07:13 PM)
I can confirm that ERD Commander 2003 (v4.1) does work with CD Shell.  This is what I did:

1.  Copy the contents of the ERD Commander's \I386 folder into a 4 character folder of my naming choice (I used \ERDC).
2.  Copied "BOOTSEC.BIN" into the \ERDC folder.
3.  Hexedit "BOOTSEC.BIN" and "SETUPLDR.BIN", search & replace "I386" with "ERDC" (one file had 1 entry, the other file had 3 (or maybe 4)).
4.  Put the "License.txt", "Winbom.ini" & "WIN51*" files in the Root directory.
5.  Edited cdshell.ini to chain \erdc\bootsec.bin and burned my CD.

Worked like a charm for me...

What did you got? It does not boot or anything?
ZULU NINER
@Mr.X

My end product is a fully bootable ERD Commander 2003 (v4.1). I did notice a typo in my "quick & abridged" instructions, the file name is "bootsect.bin" not "bootsec.bin".

If you can explain your specific problem and/or post your cdshell.ini file, it may help us in troubleshooting.

Can't guarantee a speedy reply from myself, I'm working a lot of hours for a while.

Thanks...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.