Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Big Bug
The CD Forum > CD Shell and Boot Scriptor > Troubleshooting & Problems
IVaN_000
I built some CD Shell 2.1.03 ISOs with Nero 6, cdimage and mkisofs, and they worked fine on VMware. I burned them to a CDRW, and that also worked on VMware. But when I boot it on the real PC, I get a "Could not read from the device" error. The dir command doesn't see any files or directories, but the cd command does. I tried long filenames, short filenames, Joliet, track-at-one, disc-at-once, and nothing works. I've seen several people have the same issue, and some reported that using a different recorder solved the problem. I'm downloading CD Shell 2.0.11 from eMule (only 2 or 3 available sources, that can take some time), when I check that version I'll post again.

My PC:
Windows XP Pro SP2
VMware Workstation 4.5.1.7568
Samsung 52x24x52 CD recorder
Epox 8KHA+ motherboard (Award BIOS)
CWP
The problem has already been identified (although not explicitly) here. See whether the suggestions there work for you or not.

CWP

PS. The latest VMWare is 4.5.2 now smile.gif
IVaN_000
OK, I got v2.0.11, and it works. You can get it from eMule:

ed2k://|file|CD%20Shell%20v2.0.11.zip|226043|C2523D628A7C68096365749AE6677D81|h=QOBCDTEI6CK5HD5BNYJ34B5V
4XUQTPXJ|/

I'd check the source and try to identify the bug, but my assembly is worse than my english. Chau!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.